Monday 21 September 2009

ROAD TO TAIWAN

The next 'venture begins this morning. I wait for the flight out to Taiwan with both a sense of excitement about being involved in work I believe in and am passionate about, and a sense of concern - hoping that I know enough to stay above the water and maybe even learn to ride another wave and discover ways in which I can make life better for the people affected by Typhoon Morakot.

So right now I sit waiting for the flight to Hong Kong and onto Taiwan. I read the available material and learn about the culture, the history, the politics and the goegraphy of Taiwan and her people. I read what the INGO community is up to, and what the Salvos have done (and its excellent work) and dream about ways in which we might yet be involved in the ministry of transforming lives in the South of Taiwan.